Assorted Refrigerator Cookies
Stock up on tasty surprises! You can then take them out in the right occasions: tea with friends, unplanned visit, night craving, etc.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2,5 ml baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Use a third of the dough for each
- 12 drops Aliksir Labrador tea gastronomic oil
- 60 ml dried cranberries
- 12 drops Aliksir Wintergreen gastronomic oil
- 60 ml chocolate chips
- Incorporate matcha to a small portion of the dough that will serve to make a green center for the cookie.
- Blend the orange oil to the rest of the dough.
- Spread the orange flavoured dough to make a flat rectangle.
- Roll the matcha dough so it is as long as the rectangle.
- Place it in the center and shape a roll, pressing tightly.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and the baking powder.
- In a bigger bowl, beat the butter and the sugar.
- Add the egg and beat some more.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients while beating to reach a homogenous texture.
- Shape a ball and divide it into three parts.
- Flavour each ball and adjust to taste. Keep in mind that oils are volatile. Once the cookies are baked, they will be more discrete.
- Shape each ball of dough in a 5 cm diametre roll .
- Wrap each roll separately in aluminium foil (or wax paper) and twist the ends.
- Refrigerate until the dough is firm, approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F. Grease a baking sheet.
- Slice the rolls into 0,5 to 1cm thick cookies and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden.
*This cookie dough can also be frozen. Remember to take it out ahead.