Beef and Root Stew
Thanks to the crock pot, an appetizing aroma will welcome you home after work!
Substitute the vegetables as you please.
On the stove, plan 2 to 3 hours of cooking over low heat.
For 8 servings
- 1 kg beef cubes
- 8 potatoes
- 4 sunchokes
- 4 carrots
- 4 peeled parsnips
- 2 chopped onions
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 30 ml flour
- 60 ml red wine
- 900 ml beef stock
- 2 drops Aliksir garlic gastronomic oil
- 2 drops Aliksir wild bergamot gastronomic oil
- 2 drops Aliksir pepper gastronomic oil
- 2 drops Aliksir clove essential oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the vegetables in coarse chunks and place them at the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a pan, sear the beef in oil at high heat.
- Add the meat cubes on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the flour and stir.
- Pour the vinegar and the stock.
- Cover and cook at low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add a little water if necessary.
- Incorporate the seasoning during the last hour of cooking.
- Rectifiy seasoning and serve hot.