Let's revisit this old classic!
- 750 ml milk
- 2 litres bread, chopped into cubes
- 60 ml butter
- 250 ml brown sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 5 to 7 drops Aliksir vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 drops Aliksir pure nutmeg essential oil
- 125 ml dried fruit, chocolate chips, flax seeds or nuts (optional)
- In a big bowl, blend the milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Add the bread and let soak for 5 minutes.
- In another big bowl, beat the butter, the sugar and the egg.
- Add to the bread mixture.
- Add the dried fruit or other garnish.
- Pour into an oven pan of about 9 x 8 inches.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold, on its own or with ice cream, cream, etc.