Buckwheat, Apple and Lemon Muffins
Need ideas to fill the lunch boxes?
Vary the fruits and the essential oils as you wish!
For 6 small muffins
- 125 ml apple sauce (about 2 apples)
- 190 ml buckwheat flour
- 90 ml brown sugar
- 2,5 ml baking powder
- 2,5 ml baking soda
- 1 egg
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 10 drops Aliksir lemon oil (EO or GO)
- Cubes of candied lemon zest (optional)
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and chop the flesh in coarse chunks.
- Place the apple chunks in a pot with a little bit of water, just enough so it does not stick.
- Cook over low heat with the lid on until the flesh is soft. You can make the sauce smooth or keep it chunky for more textured muffins.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, blend the sugar and the lemon oil carefully.
- In the sugar bowl, add the egg, the sunflower oil, the apple sauce, the lemon oil and blend.
- Combine both blends.
- Pour the dough into a muffin pan (previously greased or using paper baking cups).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
N.B. If you substitute the apples, make sure you adjust the quantity of sugar consequently.