Dried Fruits Salad
Khoshaf is a dried fruits salad from Egypt.
An exotic delight that is traditionally prepared a few days in advance. But for those last minute style, don’t worry! A shortcut exists.
Yields 8-10 portions
- 250ml dried apricots
- 250ml dried prunes
- 250ml dried pears
- 250ml dried peaches
- 250ml dried mangoes
- 250ml dried pineaple
- 60-80ml sugar
- 3ml Aliksir’s rose hydrosol
- 30ml Aliksir’s orange blossom (neroli) hydrosol
- 250ml orange juice
- 750ml water, approx.
- Mince all fruits.
- In a bowl, dissolve sugar with hydrosols and orange juice.
- Add fruits and stir.
- Add enough water to immerge the fruits + 2cm.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for about 12hours.
- Refrigerate for two days, and stir twice a day.
*You can play with the set of dried fruits to your liking: raisins, papayas, dates, figs, bananas, etc.
Fast MethodWarm up the orange juice and sugar, and then pour onto minced dried fruits. Add hydrosols and water. Stir and let stand for two hours.