Fusion Pumpkin Pie
Rachèle blends cultures! In this traditional American dessert, you will find a dash of Quebecois maple syrup and Asian coconut.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml flour
- 250 ml maple syrup
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 400 ml pumpkin puree
- 6 drops Aliksir orange oil (GO or EO)
- maple sugar (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Pierce the flesh of the pumpkin in a couple spots to let the steam out.
- Place the pumpkin onto a baking tin.
- Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour or until the tip of a knife goes in and out easily.
- Let cool.
- Cut the pumpkin in four parts.
- Remove the seeds and the inner filaments with a spoon.
- Detach the flesh from the skin.
- Blend the flesh to a puree using a food processor.
- If necessary, roll the dough with a rolling pin and place into a pie plate.
- Preheat the oven at 375°F.
- Blend the maple syrup and the orange oil.
- Add all other ingredients of the filling to the syrup until the texture is homogenous.
- Pour onto the pie crust.
- Bake until the filling sets up to the center and the crust is golden, that is for about 45 minutes.
- Serve decorated with maple sugar and whipped cream (optional).