Elementary yet appetizing, these scones willingly get eaten, from breakfast to dessert. Try the lavender version too!
- 375 ml white flour
- 15 ml baking powder
- 45 ml sugar
- 90 ml cold butter
- 180 ml milk, at room temperature
- 6 drops Aliksir ginger essential oil
- 30 ml candied ginger, chopped (optional)
- 30 ml chia or poppy seeds (optional)
- Cover a baking sheet with parchemin paper.
- Place the oven rack in the middle and preheat at 350 ºF.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Incorporate the cold butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender (or two butter knives).
- Add the milk and knead just enough to get a smooth dough. Add a little flour if necessary.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface.
- Still handling as little as possible, roll the dough with the hands into a circle about 2 cm thick.
- Cut pieces with a pastry cutter (or cut into slices, like a pizza).
- Place the scones on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the scones start to brown.
- Ideally, serve warm with hot tea.