Let's bet you already have everything you need on your shelves! A few minutes suffice to materialise these distinguished perfumed scones, for tea time, breakfast or dessert.
- 375 ml white flour
- 15 ml baking powder
- 45 ml sugar
- 90 ml half-salted butter, cold
- 180 milk, at room temperature
- 6 drops Aliksir lavender esssential oil (or lavandin)
- 60 ml sliced almonds (optional)
- Cover a baking sheet with parchemin paper.
- Place the oven rack in the middle and preheat at 350 ºF.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Incorporate the cold butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender (or two butter knives).
- Add the milk and knead just enough to get a smooth dough. Add a little flour if necessary.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface.
- Still handling as little as possible, roll the dough with the hands into a circle about 2 cm thick.
- Cut the circle into slices, like a pizza.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the scones start to brown.
- Ideally, serve warm with hot tea.
Note: The scones may be frozen, before or after baking. To counter the fading of the lavender oil, add a few extra drops.