Lemon Yellow Pike Chowder
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots in cubes
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups stock (chicken, fish or lobster)
- 473 ml 35 % cream
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 1/2 lb shelled raw shrimps
- 1 1/2 cups cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups yellow pike (walleye) flesh, cooked (or other white fish)
- 1/4 tsp hot chili (to taste)
- 1-2 drops of Aliksir lemon oil (EO or GO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- Fry the onion and the garlic in butter.
- Incorporate the flour while stirring.
- Incorporate the stock and the carrots while whipping to avoid lumps.
- Incorporate the cream.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Add the scallops and the shrimps and let simmer until they are cooked (5-10 minutes).
- Add the potatoes and the fish, and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon oil, the chili and blend well.
- Add salt, pepper and adjust to taste.
- Serve hot.
*For a thicker texture, add up to one tablespoon of cornstarch, previously dissolved in a little bit of cold water.