Mustard and Pastis Sautéed Mushrooms
You were are all waiting for it: the third sautéed mushroom recipe,
fruit of the Bazinet-Mainguy family culinary creativity! They have
already delighted us with the flavours of nutmeg and apple vermouth and then with sweet gale and calvados. You are now spoilt for ways to transform your little mushroom pint into a refined delicacy!
- 227 g button mushrooms (or wild, shiitakes, oysters, etc.)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 75 to 100 ml pastis
- 6 drops Aliksir gastronomic mustard oil
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml butter
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the mushrooms coarsely and chop the onions in half slices.
- On mid-high heat, fry the onions in oil and butter.
- Add the mushrooms. Make sure not to let them boil.
- When they are well caramelized, deglaze with the pastis.
- Add the mustard oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Adjust to taste.