Nutmeg and Apple Vermouth Sautéed Mushrooms
Nightmare of children, delight of parents: mushrooms. Jean-Vincent Bazinet has become a master in the art of endowing them with the most spellbinding flavours. At least we, fellow adults, are thankful for that!
- 227 g button mushrooms (or wild, shiitakes, oysters, etc.)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 75-100 ml apple vermouth
- 30 ml 15% cream
- 1 drop Aliksir nutmeg essential oil
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- Chop the mushrooms coarsely and chop the onions in half slices.
- On mid-high heat, fry the onions in oil and butter.
- Add the mushrooms. Make sure not to let them boil.
- When they are well caramelized, deglaze with the vermouth.
- Add the nutmeg oil and the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Adjust to taste.