Oats and Apple Sauce Cookies
A little surplus of apples? Bake these nutritious and comforting cookies!
For about 20 cookies
- ¾ cup apple sauce, unsweetened*
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 drops Aliksir Vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops Aliksir cinnamon bark essential oil
- 1 ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 1 tea spoon baking soda
- ½ tea spoon salt
- 1 small apple, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Grease a baking sheet (or cover it with baking parchment).
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F.
- In a big bowl, mix the apple sauce, the brown sugar, the butter, the egg, the vanilla and the cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients to the first blend.
- Incorporate the apple cubes and the raisins.
- Place on the baking sheet by spoonful.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies turn slightly golden.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack.
*Preparing the apple sauce is matter of a few minutes and any leftovers will be gladly eaten cold or warm. I sometimes leave the peel on for extra colour, vitamins and flavour. You can start from this other recipe, leaving out the flourish!