Pumpkin Soup with Sweet Orange and Nutmeg
Try this season potage from La cuisine aux huiles essentielles, des recettes
saines et créatives (Ambre Éditions, p.28) by French chef Aymeric Pataud.
For 6 servings
- 1 kg pumpkin flesh
- 2 onions
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 l water
- 3 drops sweet orange oil (EO or GO)
- 1 drop nutmeg essential oil
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully peel the pumpkin. Remove the seeds. Cut into pieces.
- Peel the onions and mince them.
- In a big pot, fry them in the olive oil.
- Add the pumpkin and the water.
- Add salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for approximately 20 minutes, until it is tender.
- Blend finely and add the essential oils.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot with some bread croutons.
You can substitute the above-mentioned oils by cinnamon essential oil.