Rhubarb and Ginger Sauce
Rhubarb sauce is a spring tradition in the Bazinet-Vincent family, and in many others. But we have to acknowledge the fact that Ginette's has its unique charm, this irresistible little touch of ginger! For that matter, at this very moment, the lads are fishing, and they have brought along their jar of sauce! Thank you, again and again!
- 500 ml rhubarb cubes
- 125 ml brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 3 ml corn starch
- ½ lemon pressed (or lime)
- ½ orange pressed (optional)
- 2-3 drops Aliksir ginger gastronomic oil
- In a large pot, blend the rhubarb cubes, the sugar and the citrus juices.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring from time to time.
- Go on cooking for about 10 minutes, or until desired texture.
- In a bowl apart, dilute the corn starch in a little water.
- Incorporate the starch into the sauce, stirring.
- Simmer for a minute, while still stirring.
- Incorporate the ginger oil.
- Adjust to taste.
- Serve warm or cold, with plain yogourt or vanilla ice cream.