For breakfast, snack or dessert; have a seasonal muffin!
For about 24 muffins
- 625 ml flour
- 5 ml baking soda
- 5 ml baking powder
- 2,5 ml salt
- 250 ml brown sugar
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 250 ml buttermilk*
- 375 ml chopped rhubarb
- 10 drops Aliksir orange oil (EO or GO) or ginger essential oil
*Buttermilk can be replaced by the same quantity of milk to which we add a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Grease two muffin tins or dispose papers in the cups.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, blend the sugar and the chosen essential oil well.
- Beat the sugar with the sunflower oil, the egg and the buttermilk.
- Pour onto the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon, just enough to combine all ingredients.
- Incorporate the rhubarb.
- Pour into the muffin tins, almost up to the edge of the cavities.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool down before turning out.