Here we are revisiting the classic Spanish flan under various accents. The most popular flavours in the family are ginger, grapefruit and anise. But once again, essential oils offer a myriad of original possibilities.
For 4 servings
- 250 g white sugar (or caster sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 500 ml of milk
- 4 drops Aliksir pure essential oil (ginger, anise, grapefruit, etc.)
- In a pan, mix half the sugar with 125 ml of water.
- Slowly heat while stirring until the mixture turns to a golden caramel colour.
- Pour the caramel into 4 small ramekins.
- Put one drop of essential oil in each ramekin and stir. Set aside to cool.
- Bring the milk to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix the eggs, the egg yolks and the rest of the sugar.
- Blend the egg mixture with the lukewarm milk.
- Filter this mixture and pour it into the ramekins.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a hot-water bath (bain-marie), at 300 °F in the preheated oven.
- Remove the ramekins from the bain-marie, let cool and then refrigerate until serving time.
- To remove from the mould, plunge the ramekins into hot water and delicately loosen the edge of the flan using a thin knife. Flip over on the serving plate.