Sweet Gale and Calvados Sautéed Mushrooms
Jean-Vincent brought water to our mouths in April with his Nutmeg and Apple Vermouth Sautéed Mushrooms. Here is the succulent retaliation of his sweetheart, Isabelle Mainguy. You can tell they cook neck and neck!
- 227 g button mushrooms (or wild, shiitakes, oysters, etc.)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 75-100 ml Calvados
- 30 ml 15% cream
- 3 drops Aliksir sweet gale essential oil
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- Chop the mushrooms coarsely and chop the onions in half slices.
- On mid-high heat, fry the onions in oil and butter.
- Add the mushrooms. Make sure not to let them boil.
- When they are well caramelized, deglaze with the Calvados.
- Add the sweet gale oil.
- Add the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Adjust to taste.