I discovered this seemingly daring mix in a potluck, from a Spanish friend. The sweetness of the watermelon subtly balances the acidity of the tomato. I just can't get enough!
For 4-5 servings
- 80 ml olive oil
- 4 drops Aliksir basil gastronomic oil
- 4 drops Aliksir black pepper gastronomic oil
- watermelon cubes
- cucumber cubes
- 1 lb tomatoes (454 g)
- 1 lb watermelon flesh (454 g)
- 2 kirby peeled cucumbers (environ 300 g)
- 1/2 onion (approx. 80 g)
- 40 ml olive oil
- 20 ml vinegar
- 2,5 ml salt
- 2 ml powdered cumin (or 1 drop Aliksir pure cumin essential oil)
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 drops Aliksir basil gastronomic oil
- 2 drops Aliksir garlic gastonomic oil
- Blend the oils and the salt. Set aside.
- Chop a few cubes of watermelon and cucumber. Set aside.
- Crush the melon and the vegetables in an electric blender.
- Add the seasonings, mix and adjust to taste.
- Serve fresh, decorated with a few cubes of cucumber and watermelon and with a dash of flavored oil.