What's in the Fridge Quiche
As long as you have a pie shell in the freezer, you can improvise a What's in the Fridge Quiche!
- 1 pie shell
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 125-150 ml of what's in the fridge
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 ml olive oil
- 100 ml grated cheese (parmesan or other)
- 2 drops Aliksir garlic gastonomic oil
- 2 drops Aliksir red bergamot gastronomic oil
- salt and pepper
*Depending on the content of your refrigerator, put: peppers, zucchinis, mushrooms, eggplants, tomatoes, spinach, ham, cooked sausages, etc.
- Place the oven rack at the lower level and preheat at 350°F.
- Cover the pie shell with aluminium foil, to make sure it does not form bubbles.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until the crust is slightly golden.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Add salt and reserve.
- Fry the onions and the vegetables in olive oil.
- If the blend is very juicy, drain it to make sure the quiche is not too wet.
- Let cool down and add the gastronomic oils.
- Stir well.
- Place the vegetables at the bottom of the crust.
- Cover with the cheese.
- Pour the egg blend onto the cheese.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until the center has the desired texture.
- Add pepper and let cool down for 5-10 minutes before serving.