Woody Chocolate Mousse
It's easy to amaze your guests with this decadent chocolate mousse with a local flavour! A small serving suffices to titillate the taste buds and delight the palates...
- 115 g semi-sweet chocolate (4 oz)
- 45 ml butter
- 2 egg yolks*
- 375 ml whipping cream (35%), cold
- 15-30 ml icing sugar
- 125 ml haskaps (fresh or frozen)
- 1 drop Aliksir White Spruce Essential Oil or 2 drops Aliksir Labrador Tea Essential Oil
- Chocolate curls or fresh haskaps (optional)
- Pour the oil drops on the haskaps (fresh or thawed).
- Crush the haskaps until reaching an homogenous texture.
The chocolate mousse
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a bain-marie while stirring.
- Remove from heat and incorporate the egg yolks while whisking.
- Refrigerate about 20 minutes.
- **Whisk the cream with an electric mixer. The cream is whipped when it forms peaks. When it is almost ready, add the icing sugar.
- With a spatula, delicately incorporate the cream into the chocolate, folding and refolding. The mixture does not have to be homogenous.
- Dispose dessert glass bowls (or glasses) and carefully pour some coulis at the bottom of each one.
- Place some chocolate mousse on top of each glass.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Decorate with chocolate curls or fresh haskaps and serve.
* Save your egg whites and have an extra white omelette tomorrow!
**Place the container in which you will whip the cream along with the whisks in the refrigerator.